Tuesday, May 12, 2009

life is a highway.

if i was crying,
in the car, with my friend,
it was for freedom,
from myself and from the land.


Much like many people my age, I'm in a total rut when it comes to deciding what I plan to do with my life. We're pulled in so many different directions by so many different people. Everyone is driven toward success, but success is relative. Your parents want you to have the life that they missed out on: whitewashed, suburban house with a picket fence, two and a half kids and a dog. Your friends picture years of freedom, endless road trips and backpacking around the world. But we all have a different concept of freedom and success.
I have this innate drive to want to please everyone, but what I have come to realize lately is that my future is not in my hands. In reality, we all have a desire to make a difference, but we decide who we will fulfill that desire by
calling us to do what we love to show love.

..........

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Tori. May God continue to bless you in your travels and in your work.
    Laura Lea Macaulay - Stittsville

    ReplyDelete