Saturday, July 25, 2009

love is still a worthy cause.

I love because I was loved
When I had nothing


A few days ago, something reminded me of the love that is in each and every person. A lady came to the reception where I work and asked if a particular name sounded familiar to me. Unfortunatley, I didn't recognize it but she stopped and explained her situation, telling me that she got a call from London, England from an elderly man who was looking for a long lost friend and found her phone number. The lady immediatley dropped everything she was doing and was determined to find this woman so that they could be reuinted and spent days traveling all over the city to every retirement facility aking if the name was familiar. She said that she would hate to call the man back and tell him she could not find his friend or even shrug it off like so many others without putting in the effort.

Quite honestly, we tend to overlook the simple acts of kindness so easily. How many times a day does someone hold the door for you or pick up a piece of trash on the road? Accept the challenge and go above and beyond what you would normally do, setting an example in selflessness and compassion.
........

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." - James Matthew Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment